UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS – When, How & Why
Workers Compensation Claims/Incident-Accident forms & Tort Claims Procedures Awareness
Presented by the Human Resources & Safety Departments
This training will inform staff on the when a property incident form is required, the how’s of obtaining and completing the forms, and the whys of always completing a Workers Comp Form. The items covered will include:
• What is workers compensation?
• How does it affect employees, and employers?
• Importance of reporting all incidents
• Rights and Rules in New Mexico for employees and employers
* Initial investigation (who, what, when, where, why)
* Determining factors and identifying the root cause
* Identify prevention methods
A tort is a non-criminal, non-contractual wrong causing injury to another person or his property, e.g., a car accident.
Specific municipality concerns
1) Failing to keep streets and sidewalks reasonably safe for public travel
2) Failing to remedy dangerous or defective conditions in public buildings
3) Negligent operation of a motor vehicle by government agents or employees
This training qualifies for 2.0 hour of Safety Training